It's a Date - Community Events
Friday, September 15
- Progressive euchre party to be held at Marburg Hall, 1345 Lynn Valley Rd., Pt. Dover, 7:30 p.m. $3.
- Happy 150th Birthday Canada Celebration at S. Cayuga Community Church, 6182 Rainham Rd. S., Cayuga. Cold buffet 12:30 p.m. followed by entertainment. Tickets $25 at 905-772-5632 or 905-774-5125.
- Dunnville Optimist Club spaghetti dinner fundraiser, 5 p.m., Optimist Hall, 101 Main St. E., Dunnville. Adults $10, seniors and under 12 $7.
- Caledonia Kidney Walk at Caledonia Kinsmen Park. Registration 9 a.m., walk 10 a.m. To register or donate visit kidneywalk.ca.
- Walk For Life fundraiser. Registration 9:30 a.m. St. Mary’s Church, 211 Union St., Simcoe. Walk 10 a.m. Refreshments following. Proceeds to Voice For Life. Info at simcoevoiceforlife.com.
- 174th Anniversary Service at Chalmers Presbyterian Stone Church Walpole at Hwy. 3 and Cheapside Rd. Preaching by Rev. Kathy Morden, music by Breezy Creek, lunch to follow. Info contactDarline: 289-439-7474.
Monday, September 18
- Dunnville Legion general meeting, 305 Queen St., Dunnville. 6:30 p.m. Info: 905-774-5942.
- Dunnville Salvation Army townwide food drive. Please put items for donationon your front step for collection between 6 and 9 p.m. For info contact Joy: 905-774-4251, ext. 25.
- Sit To Be Fit at Anglican Church, Cayuga, 37 Ottawa St. N., every Wednesday, 1 to 2 p.m. Free.
- Dunnville Legion Veteran’s Dinner, 305 Queen St., Dunnville. 6 p.m. Info: 905-774-5942.
Thursday, September 21
- Dunnville Legion Men’s and Ladies’ Night, 305 Queen St., Dunnville. 7 p.m. Info: 905-774-5942.
- Dunnville Horticultural Society program, 7 p.m. at Optimist Club. David Culp of Niagara Bonsai & Bonsai Assc. on Bonsai 101.
Friday, September 22
- Learn To Curl at the Cayuga Arena, 6:30 p.m., hosted by Haldimand Curling Club. For info or to register, email email@example.com.
- Dunnville Legion Perch Dinner, 305 Queen St., Dunnville. $20 pp, under 12 $10. 4 to 7 p.m. Info: 905-774-5942.
- Dunnville Hospital & Healthcare Foundation hosts Ride, Run or Walk for Your Hospital at the Dunnville Airport. walkforyourhospital.ca.
- Rural Life Mission Fall Banquet Emmanuel Bible Church, 24 Churchill Circle, Simcoe. Dinner 5:30 p.m. Meeting at 7 p.m. Special Guests: Clayton & Jennifer Theriault, Round Lake Bible Camp. Music by “Lifted Up”. Call Miriam for reservations at 519-426-3960. Cut-off date for meal reservations September 18.
- DHS party to thank the Centennial Park project supporters. Free. Fun activities, refreshments, entertainment. Step back to 1967. 10 a.m. to noon. Info 905-774-3064.
- 611 Harvard Squadron Day, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dunnville Lion’s Park. Bouncy castle, food, junk in the trunk, vintage car show , entertainment and more. Free admission with non-perishable food item.
Sunday, September 24
- Anniversary Sunday at Case United Church, 6180 White Church Rd. E., Mount Hope. Pianist Krista Rhodes & vocalist Summer Mortimer. 10:30 a.m. with pot luck to follow.
- Springvale United Church Anniversary Service, 2647 Haldimand Road 55, 11 a.m. Lunch to follow service, featuring music by Cecil Sault.
- Garnet United Church’s 179th anniversary, 11 a.m. Rev. Kim Shantz reflecting on “Roots and Wings”, music by Sing.
Tuesday, September 26
- Springvale United Church annual turkey supper, 2647 Haldimand Road 55. 4 to 7 p.m. Adults $17, under 12 $6 Preschool free. Tickets available at the door. Take out available.
Wednesday, September 27
- Canadian Drilling Rig Museum heritage program: Natural Gas Development in Southern Ontario. In Grandview Lodge auditorium, 657 Lock St. W., Dunnville. Sponsored by Dunnville Heritage Assc. Info: dunnvilleheritage.org.
- Turkey Dinner at Cheapside Community Hall from 5-7 p.m. Adults $15, Children (5 - 12) $7, Under 5 free. Take-out available. All proceeds benefit Life of the Hall. Cheapside Community Hall is located at 952 Conc. 2 Road, Cheapside. For tickets call 905-776-2762.